Dennis W. Allen
- Critical Theory
- Lesbian & Gay Studies
Sexuality in Victorian Fiction (Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1993). Volume 15 in the Oklahoma Project for Discourse and Theory.
- “The Madness of Slavoj Zizek.” In Oddball Archives. Eds. Jonathan Eburne and Judith Roof. Bloomington: Indiana University Press. 26 pp. in manuscript. Forthcoming.
- “A Place for Us: Queer Space and the Lesbian and Gay Studies Classroom,” Frame: A Journal of Literary Studies, 22.1 (2009): 44-57.
- “Logjammin’ and Gutterballs: Masculinities in The Big Lebowski.” In The Year’s Work in Lebowski Studies. Eds. Edward Comentale and Aaron Jaffe. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2009: 386-409.
- With Jaime Hovey and Judith Roof. “Enactivism: The Movie.” In Gay Shame. Eds. David Halperin and Valerie Traub. University of Chicago Press, 2009: 374-381.
- “Boys Will Be Bois: Masculinity and Pedagogy in the Gay and Lesbian Studies Classroom,” in Masculinities in Text and Teaching. Ed. Ben Knights. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008: 126-140.
- “A Queer ‘I’ for the Straight Guy,” Genders, 44 (2006). http://genders.org/g44/g44_allen.html
- "'Alimentary, Dr. Leiter’: Anal Anxiety in Diamonds are Forever,” in James Bond, Ian Fleming, and the Cultural Politics of 007. Eds. Stephen Watt and Edward Comentale. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2005: 24-41.
- “Rtmark: Viral Activism and the Meaning of ‘Post-Identity,’” MMLA Journal, 36 (2003): 6-24.
- “Star Search: Psychoanalysis and Marxism in Lesbian and Gay Studies,” With Judith Roof, in Professions. Ed. Donald E. Hall, Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2001: 131-156.
- “Why Things Don’t Add Up in The Sum of Us: Sexuality and Genre Crossing in the Romantic Comedy,” Narrative, 7 (1999):71-88.
- “Lesbian and Gay Studies: A Consumer’s Guide,” in The Gay ‘90s: Disciplinary and Interdisciplinary Formations in Queer Studies (Genders 26). Eds. Thomas Foster, Carol Siegel, and Ellen E.Berry. New York: NYU Press, 1997. 23-50.
- “Homosexuality and Narrative,” Modern Fiction Studies, 41 (1995): 609-634.
“Young England: Muscular Christianity and the Politics of the Body in Tom Brown’s Schooldays,” in Muscular Christianity: Embodying the Victorian Age. Ed. Donald E. Hall. Cambridge UP, 1994. 114-132.