Ellesa Clay High
- American Indian Literature
- Creative Writing: fiction and nonfiction
- Appalachian Literature
- Past Titan Rock: Journeys into an Appalachian Valley, University Press of Kentucky, 1984.
- “White Pine and Red: Peace and Resistance as Embodied in the Standing People.” Blockades and Resistance: Studies in Ethnohistory, eds. Bruce Hodges and David McNab, Wilfred Laurier University Press, 2001 (forthcoming).
- “Maggie Anderson: Two Voices.” Diverse Voices in Contemporary Appalachian Women’s Poetry, ed. Felicia Mitchell, University of Tennessee Press (forthcoming).
- “Lily May Ledford: A Lasting Heritage.” Gems: Lily Reflections on Place by Appalachian Women Writers, ed. Joyce Dyer, University Press of Kentucky, 1998, 146-152.
- “Diversity in Appalachia: The Lessons that Mountains Teach.” Involved in the Network of Change, 1:1 (1994): 9, 20.
- “Drawing Back the Buckskin Curtain.” Wicazo Sa Review, X:1 (1994): 71-73.