Program in English at WVU provides a strong sense of community among faculty
and students and a wide range of research opportunities in literary and
cultural studies as well as professional and creative writing. Our low
faculty-graduate student ratio (about 3:1) encourages both formal and informal collaborations.
Most of the
students admitted to graduate studies in English at WVU are fully funded
with graduate teaching assistantships.
The graduate application deadline is January 15th.
The following materials should be submitted online through the University Graduate Online Application:
- Graduate Admission Application
- Writing Sample (upload as “supplemental application” on Supplemental Materials page)
- Personal Statement (upload as “personal statement” on Supplemental Materials page)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Non-native English speakers must present TOEFL Scores
In addition, applications require:
- GRE General Aptitude Test Scores (WVU’s GRE Code is 5904)
- Transcripts (send to: Office of Graduate Admissions, West Virginia University, P.0. Box 6510, Morgantown, WV 26506)
For more information about our specific programs, see the English Graduate Student Handbook.